Friday, October 22, 2010

Hero

Ms. Maroon is my best friend. We met through the fandom and bonded over football, fashion & hot boys. She makes me laugh. She let's me vent when I am upset. She is my rock. And today she is my hero. She expressed wanting to share her own personal story with domestic violence. You can find her story below.

"I used to be the kind of girl that had a twinkle in her eye.  Not because I had rosey cheeks, but because my outlook on life was rosey.  I trusted a person from the get-go and always thought of you as friend upon our “meet-cute”.  There was always a smile on my face, and pep in my step.  I was happy because that was just the way that I was.  It wasn’t even something that I had to think about.

I’m not that way anymore.  

I’m not as trusting as I used to be.  At one time in my life, my joy was replaced with anger and resentment.  I didn’t get to be this way on my own; mainly because... I guess you could say... my joy was taken from me." 


Read more of Ms. Maroon's story on the Personal Stories page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment